We have the Year of the Rat, so I present you Little Rat Mimi (pattern by LittleOwlsHut). In the post I attach the photos. On YouTube you may watch EN Amigurumi Workshop #17 about the little toys.
Pattern was designed by Tatiana Knittoy.
Skill level: Easy
The designer used following materials and tools:
“YarnArt Baby” (100% acrylic, 50g / 150m)
- grey - for the rat
- pink - for the nose, tail and ears
- white - for the eyes
- red - for a scarf
You can use any smooth yarn, acrylic, wool, etc.
• Stuffing for toys – Fiberfill
• Long tapestry needle (for sewing using yarn)
• Crochet hook for the rat – I used 1.75 mm or any other suitable size for the selected yarn
• A pair of half-beads or beads with diameter of 5 mm (2 pcs.)
• Glue for attaching the half-beads to the head
• Fishing line for whiskers.
Finished size (the designer's toy):Approx. 6-7 cm/2.75 inches using the materials stated in the pattern.
My rat is approx. 7 cm tall with the ears.
***I used YarnArt Jeans and crochet hook 2 mm.
Firstly I crocheted the head and shaped the muzzle. Then I crocheted the body, legs, arms, nose and ears.
Below you see all the parts:
Ears consists of two parts (grey and pink).
To make thinner tail I split YarnArt Jeans in two threads and followed the instructions in the pattern.
For whiskers I used fishning line 0.35 mm and attached them in the way as fringes are fasten.
I made shorter scarf (ch 41 in the beginning) and instead of pompom (see the Bunny pompom - the way is similar to make it) I sewed two red plush pompom.
I made the eyes with the piece of white felt and eyes 6 mm (I sawed the plastic ends of the safety eyes). I glued the eyes to the piece of white felt (I used Magic Glue).